Emsisoft in a Nutshell: Over 10 Years Fighting for a Malware-Free World
Our vision is a Malware-Free world.
It’s a place where home and business computer security is engineered to perfection. It’s a software that effectively detects new threats before your computer is compromised. It’s an innovative Anti-Malware that is efficient, powerful, unobtrusive and minimalistic. It does its job perfectly – keeping your digital world safe – and leaves the computer’s power where it belongs: with you.
But hold on a second, you say.
Emsisoft has been doing this for over a decade now. Is it still the same company from 2003 (which was, by the way, right about the time Mars made its closest approach to Earth in over 50,000 years)?
Let’s take a walk, shall we?
(View out of my office in the countryside of Salzburg, Austria)
The answer is: Yes.
Our expertise has grown, of course, and our team has prospered from 3 to over 25 people. It gets really busy during our (purely virtual) meetings over Skype once a week, but there’s still no being stuck in traffic on the way to work (pure inefficiency!) and no one has needed to trade his cozy shirt for some fancy wardrobe. We still do what we do, because we are good at it and because we love it.
But most importantly: our values have not changed at all. Today, many software companies aim for quick cash, even if that means mistreating or fooling their customers. Emsisoft has never, and will never, play that game.
Our mission remains: Make the most powerful yet light-weight protection software, in a way that’s easiest for everyone.
Things we’ve accomplished so far
- 2003: Our first software release (scanner only) of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, formerly known as a² Personal (a-squared).
- 2005: We release our innovative Behavior Blocker Module.
- 2008: The first free dual engine virus scanner worldwide is designed at the Emsisoft siege.
- 2010: Acquisition of Online Armor Firewall and introduction of the new Emergency Kit – Goodbye a-squared.
- 2011: Emsisoft reaches an estimated 1% of the global antivirus software market share.
- 2014: Introduction of Emsisoft Mobile Security.
Things we’ve earned on the way
- AV-Comparatives Advanced and Advanced+ Ratings (9 times in 1 year)
- VirusBulletin VB100 (active holder since 2013)
- MRG-Effitas #1 (leading the long term ranking since 2011)
- COMSS.RU #1 (best in test)
- AVLab.PL (Internet Security Award 2014)
Individual awards and certifications
- Austria’s Leading Companies: First place, 2013
- Cyber Defense Magazine: AV of the year, 2013
- PCSL: AV of the year, 2009
- ProtectStar Award, 2009
- Constantinus Award Austria, 2005
- Microsoft Certified Partner
- OPSWAT Gold Certified Antivirus & Antispyware
Microsoft Word Zero Day Alert!