Emsisoft – the anti-malware solution professionals and enthusiasts increasingly use
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(Nothing but the best is good enough)
Are we there yet? No, but due to continuous commitment to providing the very best, Emsisoft is certainly heading in the right direction, as confirmed once again by the latest AV-Comparatives independent annual IT Security Survey (PDF download).
As the questionaire shows, users rate AV-Comparatives, AV-Test and Virus Bulletin as the three most respected, trustworthy antivirus testing agencies. Emsisoft is tested by all three, AV-Test for the first time in 2016.
Our key points of this survey in a nutshell:
- According to the survey, Emsisoft is now the 7th most preferred main protection solution in Europe, steadily improving its rank and now ranked ahead of Microsoft in 8th and Symantec in 10th place.
- On a Worldwide scale, Emsisoft moved up one position to the 9th rank. Being a newcomer in the industry, this confirms we’re becoming well established amongst the 50 competitors.
- Participants were asked “What are the most important things in a security product?”. The most frequent answers were: 1. “Good detection rate”; 2. “Low impact on system performance”; 3. “Good offline proactive/heuristic protection”; 4. “Good online surfing protection”; 5. “Good malware removal/cleaning”. We’re proud to say that all of these are what we are specialized in.
Some more interesting general facts:
- The number of users who rely on free desktop security has fallen again in 2016. Maybe that’s because nothing is truly free?
- Almost 47% of respondents now use windows 10.
- Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox were very close to even as the preferred browser chosen by survey participants.
Would you ask a plumber to re wire your house?
Finally, you will read in the survey that over 70% of respondents refer to themselves as either IT experts or enthusiasts. While perhaps suggesting that the survey is not necessarily representative of the average computer user, wouldn’t you take the advice of an expert in their field as a guide to which product to use, especially when it could matter to you and your business as much as it mattered to these Australian guys?
We at Emsisoft will continue to work towards the “Nil Satis Nisi Optimum” motto. Getting feedback such as in the described survey is more than enough reason why we do so.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 22.214.171.12491 released