Innovations to Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1
To date, we have refrained from making a big deal of small version changes, as the ongoing improvement of our products simply goes hand in hand with our basic quality standards. The innovations to Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1, however, meet the growing demands of our users in three very important areas: improved real-time protection; the enhanced optional detection of so-called “Potentially Unwanted Programs” (PUPs); as well as a significant reduction of update traffic through the use of hybrid updates.
- Real-time protection: Improvements to the File Guard and the Behavior Blocker routines reduce resource usage dramatically. Use of intelligent caching mechanisms and improvements to file access not only mean significantly less hard-drive access, but also result in a more than 90% reduction in the amount of data to be read. This makes Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 faster than ever.
- Hybrid updates: 95% less update traffic on average via a combination of incremental and differential updates.
- PUPs detection: Both the real-time protection and scanner have been enhanced in order to better handle Potentially Unwanted Programs. This enables users to either prevent technically non-malicious, but Potentially Unwanted Programs from being installed or to remove existing installations of this type of software.
You can enable this feature (it’s disabled by default) either during installation, or in the File Guard settings if Anti-Malware has already been installed.
- Malware removal: Improved speed and precision when cleaning infections.
- Screen reader compatibility: Enhanced support for screen readers and Braille lines for the visually impaired.
If you already own a valid Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Emsisoft Internet Security Pack license, you will receive the new version at no cost with your next online update in keeping with Emsisoft’s technology guarantee.Emsisoft Anti-Malware achieves highest honor in AV-Comparatives "Real-World" Protection Test