It’s Christmas already? Not quite, but our development team is working day and night to make sure Emsisoft security products provide the best protection possible. Malware doesn’t sleep, and as a result we have noticed a number of sophisticated new infection methods that require us to react promptly.
Most of the latest improvements will likely remain invisible for you, but that shouldn’t be seen as a disadvantage. If anything, it’s the opposite: our ultimate goal is to create protection software that doesn’t show much of itself, but jumps into gear when your computer is about to be infected. In other words: we’re aiming to create protection software that doesn’t nag you with unnecessary, technical popups. We believe the best protection is kind that you can’t see, and that you can’t feel while doing your computer work. It’s supposed to be quiet, fast, and constantly ensuring your computer stays free of malware.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 11 are coming soon
Here’s a quick preview of the protection features that our team is currently working on:
- The new version will be the first that comes as a native x64 application for 64-bit Windows versions. That allows for best performance and most direct use of available system components.
- The scanner comes with an improved detection of file-less malware that resides only in memory.
- We have significantly improved the performance of the cleaning engine when running third party software that is heavy on the registry.
- Additional behavior based on detection of file-encrypting malware, i.e. ransomware.
- Added detection for malware that abuses script parsers and host processes for performing harmful actions.
- Improved detection of malware that installs itself in a hidden or obfuscated way on the system.
- Improved detection of malware that registers itself to run automatically with each system startup.
- Introduced autonomous decisions on alerts for malware intrusions and exploitation attempts.
- Reduced the number of required reboots on software updates.
- Introduced new update rings for large enterprises which require internal software tests prior to updating their workstations.
- Dozens of minor improvements in user interface and software handling based on customer feedback.
- And more!
Public beta now available
If you’re an experienced computer user who can deal with unexpected situations, you may want to have a look at the new version while it is beta. But be warned: beta versions are not yet completely tested and therefore are expected to have a number of issues. Beta versions are to collect feedback from users before the product is released as a stable version to everyone.
To receive beta versions, please open the software, go to Settings, Updates, and turn on the “Beta updates” option. Next run an online update to download the new version. Note that you may have to reinstall the software to go back to the previous version.
Tell us what you think
Please send your feedback on version 11 to [email protected]. We strongly appreciate your time and efforts to help make our products even better!
Download now: Emsisoft Anti-Malware free trial.Antivirus software from the world’s leading ransomware experts. Get your free trial today. Try It Now