Ransomware works differently to any other type of malware: Instead of taking over your computer in order to sell its computing power on the black market, ransomware directly asks you for money. The ransom payment is required to get back access to your now-encrypted documents and files, once you get infected. If you are lucky, the ransomware author made programming mistakes which allow us to create a free decryption tool. If not, you’re doomed, if you don’t have a working backup of your data.
That’s why protection has never been as important as today. Malware cleaning can’t bring back your files, you have to make sure they don’t get encrypted in the first place. Protection is key.
During the past year, infections with ransomware went from “high” to “epidemic” levels and our malware research lab worked hard to improve our proven behavior blocking technology to stop them all. While individual patterns change, the actual behavior of ransomware always remains the same, and that’s where we can safely catch it. But that’s just one aspect of the many news in our brand new release:
Enhancements in Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 12
Improved Behavior Blocker
Specifically trained to block all types of ransomware and for more precise detection of totally new variants of online threats like trojans, bots and viruses.
Improved Scanning Engine
Optimized for detection and removal of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) like browser toolbars, adware and other data collection modules, that represent a major nuisance for Windows users today.
Improved Anti-Malware Network
File database lookups to verify scanner- and real-time protection alerts. Multiple layers, including reputation analysis, clean-databases and collective malware databases, help to avoid false detections.
A feature that allows you to create scanner- and real-time – protection exclusions of programs and folders, now with flexible support of wildcards and environment variables. Most useful in corporate environments.
Revised Notifications System
With maximum efficiency to protect as quiet and least intrusive as possible in the background, without annoying interruptions during your work.
Redesigned User Interface
Emsisoft products are known for their easy handling, but we have made some more user experience improvements that make the software even easier to navigate around.
Hundreds of detail improvements
Including fixes, based on community- and tester-feedback. We would like to thank all our loyal users for their continued support in improving the product!
Unique Emsisoft features
- Focused on nothing but protection, with no bloat – while most vendors load heaps of funny but unneeded features and add-ons onto your PC to slow it ultimately down.
- Specialized in finding and removing potentially unwanted and annoying programs (PUPs) that already make about ¾ of all infections today – while most other protection products install questionable toolbars and adware themselves to make some extra money.
- Pioneer in anti-ransomware technology as part of the advanced behavior blocking component that proofed itself for more than a decade by now, catching ransomware before it causes any damage, while many other anti-ransomware products stick to finding encrypters only by their symptoms once the damage starts to happen.
- Said to be the most privacy conscious antivirus/antimalware vendor around, reducing the information to the Internet to a very minimum and giving the user full control over those settings – while most vendors track your online activities on cloud servers in foreign countries.
Big news for enterprises: Free management console available
Emsisoft Enterprise Console allows you to manage Emsisoft Anti-Malware endpoint protection in local and remote networks from 3 to 500 clients. It features remote installation, configuration in groups (with AD support), user permission management, update caching, centralized notifications, extended reporting, and more. Details and free download
Protects Windows Servers too
When installed on a Windows Server operating system, the software runs as Emsisoft Anti-Malware for Server, with optimized routines to protect file servers silently without any user input needed. Email notifications alert sysadmins immediately if someone attempts to save malware files to the server.
Get Emsisoft protection now
If you already run version 11 on your PC, you will receive the brand new software automatically and for free via the built-in online update. If you are new to Emsisoft please download the product of your choice and test it up to 30 days for free and see for yourself:
- Download Emsisoft Anti-Malware: Light-weight security that just works.
- Download Emsisoft Internet Security: Adds a firewall to shield your laptop while connected to foreign networks.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security 12 run on Windows 7, 8 and 10 – both in 32 and 64 bit editions.
Introductory offer: 3 seats at the price of 1!
For a limited time only, Emsisoft celebrates the release of the new major version 12 and offers 1-year licenses for up to 3 PCs at the price of a single computer license.
US $39.95 – Buy now!
Emsisoft Internet Security
US $49.95 – Buy now!
Emsisoft Anti-Malware for Server
US $99.95 – Buy now!
See how easy it is to navigate
Download now: Emsisoft Anti-Malware free trial.Antivirus software from the world’s leading ransomware experts. Get your free trial today. Try It Now