AVLab is an independent organization that specializes in evaluating the protection capabilities of antivirus software for businesses, using tests that are designed to simulate real-world conditions.
The group recently released the results of the March 2021 “Advanced-in-the-Wild Malware Test” and we’re pleased to report that Emsisoft Business Security was awarded the ‘Excellent’ badge!
The Advanced-in-the-Wild Malware Test is designed to measure the performance of security products when exposed to curated malicious samples and monitored to see not only if they could effectively detect and stop the malware, but also to gauge when in the infection process they would intervene.
Per AVLab, the intervention levels are as follows:
- L1: The browser level, i.e. a virus has been stopped before or right after it has been downloaded.
- L2: The system level, i.e. a virus has been downloaded, but it hasn’t been allowed to run.
- L3: The analysis level, i.e. a virus has been run and blocked by a tested product.
- Fail: The failure, i.e. a virus hasn’t been blocked and it has infected a system.
Badges are awarded depending on the detection capabilities of the product:
- Excellent: 100% detection
- Superior: at least 95% detection
- Valuable: at least 90% detection
Emsisoft Business Security successfully detected 100 percent of the 1,155 malware samples, and received the ‘Excellent’ designation:
- Stopped 98% of the threats at the L1 browser level
- Stopped the remaining 2% at the L3 analysis level
AVLab is an independent Polish organization that specializes in testing antivirus products and reviewing security solutions. The group regularly releases reports that offer valuable insight into the effectiveness of various security products. Software that receives a good recommendation from AVLab can generally be trusted to provide a high level of protection.
Protect your device with Emsisoft Anti-Malware.Did your antivirus let you down? We won’t. Download your free trial of Emsisoft Anti-Malware and see for yourself. Start free trial