New to computer security? Then this collection of articles are a great starting point to make sure you're safe online.
Spotlight on Ransomware
This multi-part series covers all aspects of ransomware: from infection vectors, encryption, and payment to the best way of removing ransomware once on the system.
Emsisoft Protection Layers
Find out how each of Emsisoft's protection layers works to create the best possible anti-malware security solution for you.
From adware to zombie botnets, discover all there is to know about malware threats lurking online.
Manual Malware Removal
Explore manual malware removal tips and techniques with Emsisoft's resident Security Experts and Lead Malware Analysts.
A security engineer's take on widespread online security misconceptions and myths.
- Emsisoft’s free ransomware removal tools save users more than $500 million
- Antivirus is just snake oil and harms your security! Yeah, nah.
- How many viruses are created by anti-virus companies?
- Why antivirus uses so much RAM – And why that is actually a good thing!
- Antivirus software: protecting your files at the price of your privacy
- Antivirus, Anti-Malware, Anti-PUP? What is Emsisoft really?
While online security is a serious issue, we still come across odd and funny stories along the way that are too good not to share.
- Fabiansomware: when hackers lose it
- Protect Your Computer…With Nail Polish?
- When the tables turn and hackers cry for help
- Malware in sex toys: How private is your playtime?
- The Inside Joke: Ransomware hackers need attention, too
- No honour among thieves: hackers who hack each other
- A Skype scam bot attempted to lure our CEO. This is what happened.
Social Media Safety
How to stay away from scammers on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.